One of the best cooks I know is Ronnie Abel. He is a man renowned for his mini-muffalettas as well as a host of other dishes. Plus he's a long time family friend. I doubt he remembers this, but he actually taught me how to barbecue chicken. My dad is also a great cook, but I thought Ronnie's chicken was a lot juicer than my dad's, so I asked him to show me his technique. That's still how I barbecue chicken. Anyway, this ribs recipe comes from Ronnie's blog. I made it this past weekend, and it was a huge hit.
The nice thing about this recipe is it really requires no grilling. So if you live in an apartment like me, or if winter sets in and you start to crave some hot barbecue, this recipe is a lifesaver. The process is simple: rub the ribs, put them in a crock pot, and then broil them.
3 sides pork ribs
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Tony Chachere's
1 T garlic powder
1 liter Coca-Cola
1/2 bottle of barbecue sauce
Mix the dry ingredients to make a rub. Cut the ribs into three or four piece segments. Rub the ribs down then place in a crock pot. Pour Coca-Cola over the ribs for moisture and flavor. Cook on high for about four hours. Remove from crock pot and place on a pan so that the ribs arch meat-side up. Paint them with your favorite barbecue sauce (mine is Bull's-Eye), then broil in the oven until the sauce cooks in (about five minutes). Serves about 10.
Dang I finally found your food blog. I love the idea of cooking with Cola, although I have never done it personally.
ReplyDelete