I made these for the first time last night, but I've already modified the recipe. I'll provide the original, and then my modifications underlined.
Original:
3 cans artichoke hearts
3 c Romano cheese
3 c Italian breadcrumbs
3 beaten eggs
1/4 c olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
Modified
3 cans artichoke hearts
3 c shredded Parmesan
3 c Italian breadcrumbs
3 beaten eggs
1/4 c olive oil
1tsp garlic powder
1 c chopped parsley
Tobassco and Chacheres to taste
Mash or blend artichoke hearts. Mix cheese and breadcrumbs. Add artichokes, eggs, oil, parsley, and seasoning. Mix together. Roll into bite-sized balls and bake for five minutes.
That much Romano can come off being quite strong. I think Parmesan is a milder and more thrifty choice, and it gets the job done quite well. The parsley lifts the flavor of the dish, and the Tobassco and Chacheres give it a nice kick.
For a vegetarian meal, you can serve these instead of meatballs with the sans beef version of my Babushka Bolognese.
No comments:
Post a Comment